Monday, November 10, 2008

Braided Bread

Since I was a little girl, I've been watching my mom make homemade bread. That is probably my one favorite thing to eat: fresh homemade bread with butter on it. I do love to bake, but bread in my mind is in a league of it's own. It's very temperamental. My mom has always made this beautiful braided bread, and I finally thought I could tackle it. I wanted to bring it Thanksgiving with Travis' family and had to practice making it yesterday. It was time consuming, but really fun and so good! I thought I would share a picture because I'm proud of it! Although it doesn't look as good as my moms, it was a good first try:)
Since we are talking about food, how about a good crockpot recipe?

Sour Cream Crockpot Chicken
4 frozen chicken breast
1 package of taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups salsa (not pace picante, but real salsa)
Sour cream

Put the frozen chicken breast on the bottom of the crockpot. Add taco seasoning. Cover with salsa. Put on low and cook for 7-8 hours. That's it!!! When it's time to eat the chicken is so tender it just shreds on it's own. You can serve it on rice with sour cream on top. Or, serve it as tacos in tortillas with all the trimmings. So good and so easy! Let me know if you give it a try.

7 comments:

Steve & Sarabeth said...

Good job on the bread! I'll definitely try the chicken recipe..I'm always looking for new ways to use my crock pot.

T~ said...

mmmmm! It was soo good!

Leif and Lisa said...

That bread looks delicious! Aren't crock pots wonderful? I've been using mine all the time... work, school, and babies leave little time for "real" cooking :)

Anonymous said...

Great job Crystal! You did a wonderful job. Looks beautiful.

Holcombe Family said...

I love easy crockpot recipes! I can't wait to try it when I get back to WA...I really miss my crockpot. Good job on the bread, too! Looks yummy.

Davidson said...

umm...looks yummy! may have to try out the chicken too... bet you didn't expect me to notice. *-* It's amazing what a few days off will get me doing! It was great talking to you earlier today. I miss you heaps!
Ang

Tiffany said...

Chicken sounds sooo good! Love the bread, too! Congrats on a job well done girlie!