Monday, March 8, 2010

Makes me smile



The last few days we have been potty training Peyton. We thought she was ready and are really sick of buying diapers:) So far, it has been really frustrating, but I think we are moving in the right direction. She is slowly getting it and that gives me hope. We've been frustrated a lot these past few days, but we also have been laughing a lot. Today Peyton says "Dear Jesus, please help Peyton go potty, Amen!" :) Another funny comment, I asked "Is Peyton a big girl?" she answered, "No mommy, I'm not a big girl, I'm a Peyton:)" Although we're happy to slowly leave this diaper stage, it makes us sad too. The kids just grow up so fast!
Speaking of kids growing up, I've been dreaming of this day for years! The picture will explain it all...

3 comments:

Tiffany Nevil said...

YES! I love putting Cooper to work too! I have been giving him chores so that he can "pay off" the vase he broke a few weeks ago (grrrrr) and it is making me realize that he can do a lot more than I give him credit for! (What's new?)

As for Peytie Pie...YOU CAN DO IT! If anyone can do it, you can. Keep sticking to your guns!

Kim W. said...

Yay, Peyton! That is great! We just got done potty-training Jack. Actually, truth be known, Jack potty trained himself. In like 2 days, no joke. He was SOOOO much easier that Jake! I can't even begin to stress the difference! Jack is now my favorite child. ;) Kidding. Anyhow, yay for Peyton! She sure is a cutie!

Lisa said...

I can't believe how quickly she's growing up... Brayden looks like a great helper! Soren loves trying to vacuum too, but most recently he has been determined to "vacuum" the top of the dining table while we are eating. (Not helpful!) However, he is a proficient wiper of spills. I'll take what I can get. :)