Sunday, May 18, 2008

Puerto Rican Baby




As you can hopefully see from the pictures Peyton got her ears pierced a few days ago! I'm so glad we finally got that done. I was dreading it and I shouldn't have been because she did fine. She cried for 30 seconds and then they haven't bothered her since. For those of you who are gasping:) it's a Puerto Rican tradition for the baby girls to have their ears pierced when they are very little. I actually had mine pierced when I was a day old in the hospital! So, compared to me, Peyton is a little late:) In a way I did this in honor of my grandma. She always bought all the great-granddaughters birthstone earrings when they were born so they could get their ears pierced. My grandma was in the process of getting Peyton's when she passed away, so I wanted to do this for her.

We had a fun day on Saturday in the 91 degree weather!! We went and watched my nephew Pedro play t-ball, checked out he Puyallup Farmer's Market (which was so fun), and had some friends over for a bar-b-que. Brayden had a blast playing in his swimming pool. We put a slide into the swimming pool and he played in that thing for hours. Thank you Lord for the sun!

5 comments:

Sibs said...

We haven't enjoyed the sun too much because we're wimps and think it's too hot. So when is the next time you guys are going to be coming down our way? You've gotten our hopes up twice but we've still missed you. Let us know!

Tiffany Nevil said...

she is so cute!

Mashel said...

I am so jealous Crystal!!! I wanted to piece Hannah's ears so bad, and I even got permission from her birth mom, only to find out that I needed a court order to get them pierced! Ridiculous if you ask me! That will be the first thing I do when the adoption is finalized. I love babies with earings. Too cute.

T~ said...

What is with the frown? Gumpy...

Kim W. said...

OUCH! But she's pretty cute! :) Hope yall are doing well! And be sure and enjoy that nice weather yall have been having! It is getting TOO hot down here...and it'll be this way thru September...but I am used to it...after all it's been 11 years already that I've been down here...hard to believe that, wow. Anyhow, dad said it's been nice all over OR and WA so hope yall are having a great time. I bet Brayden is loving the warm weather and swimming! Fun times! :)