Monday, May 5, 2008

Trip to California




Peyton and I just got back from a trip to Claremont, California to visit my little sister Desiree and her husband Jimmy. We had such a good time and can't wait to go back and visit with Travis and Brayden. Desi and Jimmy live down there because Jimmy is going to school to get his Masters in Christian Ethics. They will be married a year in July. My mom decided to come with me to provide baby help (thank God), then my aunt wanted to come to get away, and she invited my cousin Dylan for fun. We all had such a good time together and weren't ready to come back to reality. We did a lot of shopping and eating out at yummy places. It was jut good to be with family. We all still miss my grandma a lot and it was nice to in a way celebrate her together. Peyton did an amazing job being on the go all the time. She was pretty laid back and just smiled the whole time (well not the whole time, but the majority). One thing I did realize while traveling with a breastfeeding infant is that it's hard!! I had to feed her in the airport and asked a flight attendant if there was anywhere to feed her. Her answer was to sit on the toilet in the bathroom to feed her. Gross!!! Luckily I had my mom to help me and it was ok, but I don't know if I could do that on my own.
Travis and Brayden missed us but had a jam-packed boys weekend. They went and checked out Cabela's, worked in the yard, washed the car, went to a bow-shoot, had dinner at grandma's house, went fishing, painted my bedroom (looks so good), and went to church among other things. Brayden had a lot of fun and I'm glad they had that time together. I missed my boys, but overall had a great time visiting my sis. I'm so thankful for a husband who didn't blink an eye when I asked him if I could go and was happy to stay at home with Brayden. He gave me a much needed break! So, thanks McCarty's for a wonderful time and we can't wait to come back again!

2 comments:

Tiffany Nevil said...

glad you had fun lady. we missed you!

Mashel said...

It looks like you had fun! I haven't seen Desi since she was a little girl, I can't believe how much she looks like Selina!!! I thought it was Selina in the picture, until I read your post and saw that she didn't go. How funny. And you look so different. (but just like your dad) Very cool to see pictures of your family.