Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time for another recipe

I threw a shower yesterday for my friend Tiffany, which I think was a success! One of my favorite things about it? The chocolate chip cheese ball! It fakes everyone out thinking it's a savory cheese ball (like the hundreds we all see at Christmas parties), but it's a sweet one and oh so good. I thought this might be a fun one to share. My guess is you'll want to eat the whole thing yourself:)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2.Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3.Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving (I rolled it in more mini chocolate chips instead).
4. Serve with regular or chocolate graham cracker sticks.

5 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

I will personally vouch for how yummy it is! And, I will "second" that your shower was a success! Very nicely done party!

T~ said...

I will vouch for wanting to eat the whole thing yourself!

Desiree said...

Ooohhh yummy! Sounds delish AND nice and easy...that makes for a fabulous recipe! I bet it would be good with peanut butter chips, too! :)

Tiffany Nevil said...

and eat the whole thing we did...with spoons! YAY! Thanks for the shower lady-it was beautiful! How 'bout the recipe for the chicken salad?

Julie said...

Sounds yummy, I wanna see a picture!