Saturday, January 31, 2009

Zumba Maniac

It's been awhile since I've written a post and it just seems like life is busier these days. On January 1st (with the rest of the country:) I became of member of the YMCA along with working on eating healthier. Since that day, I have worked out every day except for one. I always used to say that I hated working out, but I'm loving it! I feel better about myself, I'm sleeping better, and my clothes are already getting loose (lost 16 pounds and counting). I think one reason I'm enjoying my workouts so much is because I've found Zumba. Zumba is a salsa dance aerobic class that is so fun. They play really loud salsa type music and we just do the moves to follow the teacher. What I love about it is in the hour class, I burn 750 calories! I know I don't always look like I know what I'm doing, but I just keep moving. If you want to check it out, come join me as a guest at the YMCA. Thanks to Travis being so supportive, my workouts at the YMCA have become a great mommy break. I think God designed our bodies to get exercise on a regular basis (please remind me of that when I get burnt out:) Seriously, come check it out with me....

10 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

Hey, you look like you have a better clue than I do! I am way too "sporty girl" for Zumba . . . my hips don't move that way, so I just add more jumping and hyper-ness instead! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I think I would be a little scared to try that. Great job Crystal!

Desiree said...

I'll go with you next time I'm home!

Jessy said...

I wish there were classes I could afford in my area! It looks like so much fun!

Mashel said...

Good job Crystal. I think I would love zumba too. I went once with Amber and Laura, but Amber says it wasn't a very good representation of zumba. I definatly would love to try it again after I have healed fully. I have always wanted a Y membership. I am hoping that being somewhat "forced" into eating healthier because of my gall bladder, and maybe even finally being pain free will alow me to do more to lose weight too.

Julie said...

You should e-mail me what class times you take. Nora and I were talking about trying it. You're looking great!

Leif and Lisa said...

Wow, 16 pounds?? Way to go! Remember when we'd go work out at the "gym" in Hill Hall? Your class sounds way more fun and inspiring than that gym! Wish I could go with you!

T~ said...

I am glad that you are sleeping better and loving all the good food you have been making lately! Just keep on thinking about that bikini on the beach in Mexico! :)

Shannon said...

I still want to come join you! I miss going to Zumba! It is the only exercise I have done for an hour and smiled almost the whole time! Good job Sweetie! Hope to join you soon!

Holcombe Family said...

Good job on the weight loss, Crystal!