Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Metcalfe Life

Brayden in front of his cubby
This is the last sight I see of Brayden before I leave, he is sitting on the table coloring.
Brayden and Lita ( my mom) on his first day
Brayden at home ready to go on his first day. He kept asking if it was time to go yet. He got up this morning and put his clothes on, brushed his teeth, washed his face and made his bed without me telling him to do it. He was so excited!
All of us in his classroom at the back to school night
It's been awhile since I've done a family update and I think it's time. Life has been busy, but good and it's bitter-sweet that summer is almost gone.
Bryaden started 4-year-old preschool today! It was such a special moment today and it's like my life has done a full circle. Brayden is going to Puget Sound Christian School this year and I went there 4th-7th grade. My mom has been a teacher there for 20+ years and I grew up with Brayden's teacher's children. They were some of my best friends growing up at church. So how weird was it for me today to take him into school and leave him there? He was excited and was happy for me to leave and I can't believe I didn't cry:) I was happy for him, I know he was ready and it's time for this next step in our lives. I think the reason it felt like such a big step was that my normal stay-at-home mommy days will never be the same. No more getting up and planning the day as it goes. But, that's ok too. Peyton and I enjoyed the time together and I got a lot accomplished in 2 1/2 hours. I worked out and did my Costco shopping trip:) Brayden has been talking about starting school for months and says he day at school was fun and can't wait to go back.
A few funny quotes from Brayden: Yesterday I got home from the YMCA and he was already in bed waiting for me to give him a kiss goodnight. He says "Mom, how was your workout?" I say, "It was great Brayden." He says, "I missed you so much while you were gone (I was gone an hour:), can you tuck me up now." Hahaha, instead of tucking into bed he wants to be tucked up:)
- Travis is in the habit of asking me how many calories dinner is since I do the cooking. So yesterday Brayden had to ask too. "Mom, how many calories was my dinner." I told him, and he said "That's pretty good, now I can have a treat:)"
- Peyton is always asking "Where did daddy go." She says it all day until Travis gets home from work. Brayden answered her yesterday and said, "Daddy just got out of an important meeting, ok?" Hahaha, Peyton said "oh."

Peyton is 19 months and is full of energy and fun. She is very adventurous and strong-willed. I spend a lot of time on my knees praying about being her mommy:) She is talking up a storm and loves helping mommy or daddy more than anything (well except for her blankie). She also loves a lot of attention and making people laugh. I'm hoping we can bond a little more with brother being in school 3 days a week.

Travis and I are still trying to loose weight and that in itself keeps us busy. That just means we spend a lot of time working out at the Y and we love it. I've noticed that our family outings have definitely gotten more active. Instead of driving to the park, we are walking or running to it. Instead of a night here at the house, we are going to the local school and running around the track. It's fun and obviously a lot more healthy for us:) This September we are going to be celebrating 7 years of marriage! Travis also starts school in a few weeks. He is going to the UW Tacoma to get his MBA. We're excited for him but also know that will keep us busier than ever. We are still at Renovo church and are loving what God is doing there. We feel lucky to be apart of it. I think that's about it in the Metcalfe house for now....

3 comments:

Kim said...

Loved catching up with you and your sweet family. I always enjoy your blogs. I think I could have cried reading about Brayden going to Pre-K though, because we will send Jake next year, and I cry just thinking about it! So not ready to not have him home. I know I will still have Jack and Jolee Kate at home, but goodness, my first baby boy, going off to school...I'm gonna lose it!
Anyhow, funny story about the calories! So cute! Way to go yall on the workin' out and losing weight stuff! I will have to email you for motivation soon! Too bad I can't find exercise in a bottle! I'd buy it up in a hurry! :) Love ya Crystal! Keep doing what you are doing, seems like you are doing a WONDERFUL job! Your kiddos (and Travis) are so blessed to have you! Keep it up!

Desiree said...

My little Braydenator is growing up so fast! I'm so glad to hear that his first day went well and I know he's going to LOVE school. He's definitely got his daddy's math/technological genes and I'm sure that means he will love to learn.

Seeing your pictures makes me happy and sad. We miss you guys lots! Keep posting pics of the babies...they bring huge smiles to my face. Love you!

Tiffany Nevil said...

You guys look so great too! keep up the great work! 65 lbs since January WHEW!!!