Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm a big girl!:)


Brayden made me a special order sandwich and Peyton handled the cash register
Putting together a totem pole

Waiting for the train, they are so excited!!!!
At the beginning of June on a Thursday I had a free day, nothing planned, no where to go, nothing to do and the kids were already driving me crazy. I decided I needed to do something spontaneous and fun! I checked out my summer calendar (made by my awesome friend Shari) and choose taking the train to downtown Tacoma, going to the Children's Museum, and then check out the Farmer's Market. I was a little nervous because I had never done any of this before, I didn't really know where I was going, or how the kids would act all day. But, with the help of my friend Shari who does this outing often, I made it on the train, got off on the right exit and even made it to the Children's museum without a hitch!:) I got there right when it opened and the kids had such a fun time exploring. Their favorite thing was the sandwich shop and the "farmer's market" they had set up for them. After we were there for awhile we walked around the real farmer's market and tried samples, we then sat down at the park and ate our picnic lunches. It was a really fun day. I think their favorite part was riding the train. The best part of the day is that it was all free!!!! Will definitely be doing that again soon:)

2 comments:

Kim W. said...

I think my favorite part of your whole post was when you said that the kids were already "driving you crazy!" Makes me feel so normal. :) Thanks. Glad yall had a good time, and look at you! You are a big girl! You managed all by yourself. :) I'd feel proud, too. I don't get out of my box too easily, so way to go! Your kids are precious, and you are obviously such a good momma.

Tiffany Nevil said...

Look at my BF being all spontaneous! I'm so proud! Sniffle, sniffle!