Friday, June 25, 2010

Travis' Birthday Part 1

Down by the river
At the "campfire" it was fun watching the stars come out!
Beautiful!
On our treasure hunt
I was mad there was no cake:)
Travis turned 30 on June 21st and I wanted to have a fun celebration for him. I decided with his crazy school schedule, it would be great for us to get away for a night and reconnect. All Travis knew is that he needed to take off work Monday and the rest he was clueless to. On Saturday night I gave him a card that told him what time to be ready, what to pack (even hiking boots), and that was it. He was very curious but had no idea what I had up my sleeve. On Sunday morning grandma arrived at our place and we handed off our kids to her and were off. Still Travis doesn't know where we are going, I'm just telling him where to drive to. Once we get onto highway 18 Travis figured out we were going to Cle Elum to Suncadia Resort!!! We stopped in North Bend for lunch and some shopping at the Nike Outlet and then we were off to the resort. As soon as we drove onto the property I knew this was the best decision I could have made to celebrate his birthday. It was amazingly beautiful!!! We were able to check in early and then we decided to go Geocaching(a GPS treasure hunt) around the resort which was one of the activities they offer. It was really fun and Travis was excited because he found a new hobby to do. We spend the afternoon at the pool because the weather was amazing. We had a fancy dinner out at the resort and had a fun night making smores by the fire pits the hotel puts on for you (they are gas). In the morning we went on a 2 mile hike down to the river and it was beautiful. This place was the perfect get-a-way for us. A little outside adventure for Travis, yet not camping for me:)
After we checked out I had another surprise for Travis. Again he didn't know where we were driving to as I gave directions. We ended up at a horse ranch so we could go riding together. I was nervous because my experience with horses is minimal, but it was the perfect thing to do together and something we will never forget. It was a great weekend away and we can't wait to go back to Suncadia again. Happy Birthday Travis!
I I had the horse that she usually puts the little kids on:)

3 comments:

T~ said...

It was such a wonderful surprise and so much fun! MWAH!

Steve & Sarabeth said...

That looks awesome - a place we would love, too! We'll have to try it sometime.

Tiffany Nevil said...

YAY HORSEY! He he he he he! That was a fun secret to be in on. And on a sidenote...as if Trav needs another hobby. Seriously?