Monday, August 2, 2010

Fun times at the zoo

This was right before Peyton is screaming "Oh Elephant" song:)
You can't really see the babies, but they are in there


We were all pretty impressed with the Walrus!!
I'll be the first to admit that I was sad when school was done in June. Don't get me wrong I love Brayden but I also love my schedule that I had during school hours and it was very nice to just have Peyton alone sometimes. I wasn't sure if we had anything exciting to do this summer, and was scared of the possibility of getting bored. Once I realized that I'm in charge of our activities this summer, we can all sleep in, and there are plenty of fun things to do around here, I'm sad that school starts again so soon! One of our favorite things we've done this summer is go to the zoo. One day we went with our MOPS group and my mom and nephews joined us, and the second time Travis took the day off and we went with my mom and nephews again. It's been so fun to see the kids love the animals. On our first trip the highlight was hanging out with the Walrus. The trainer was feeding him and had him do a lot of tricks and the kids were right up to the glass to watch the whole 10 minute encounter. They got to ask questions, give some commands, and even got splashed a bit by the Walrus himself. They loved that experience and still talk about it today. The second time we went the highlight was seeing the baby tiger cubs. They were so cute and fluffy!! They were just jumping around, wrestling with each other and practicing pouncing on their mother. The kids just couldn't get enough of the babies and we couldn't either. Going to the zoo is a great reminder of God's amazing creation!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Again, our boys LOVE the zoo. Our towns zoo is literally 3 minutes from our house...so we go quite often, and it's def a fave! Glad Roman and little Pedro got to go with their cousins, too. That is fun!