Monday, August 2, 2010

Travis' Birthday Part 2

Ok, I've been meaning to finish this post for a long time, but life has just gotten away from me lately. So, here I am writing about Travis' birthday in August:) To finish his birthday celebrations we had a big family dinner and dessert. I made strawberry pie (which I think turned out yummy:). On the actual day of his birthday I told Travis that we had dinner plans. He had no idea what we had planned for him:) We dropped off the kids and drove up to a random house, he was so confused!!! We walked in and I had planned a cooking class for his birthday. I could tell he wasn't sure at first, but as some of our friends started showing up he realized what a great night it would be. It was a great experience and something we definitely want to do again! There is a business called Kali's Kitchen and she does the cooking classes right out of her house. We all got to handle different parts of the menu I had chosen which was actually 5 different appetizers and a drink. We made peach iced tea with peach vodka in it, guacamole sliders, crunchy chicken bake, polenta rounds served with a bean mixture on top, and even steak pinwheels. One of my favorite recipes was dessert- Mexican fondue chocolate served with coconut donuts!!!! It was such a fun night with our friends. I hope Travis felt loved for his 30th Birthday, I had a great time planning it!!!
Our fun friends!
Avocado sliders (there is avocado in the middle of them!)


Strawberry pie!