Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lincoln City Trip

Peyton in her backpack happy as a clam
Brayden getting a ride from Papi

Brayden on the beach
On our balcony
From our room!

We just got back last night from a week in Lincoln City, Oregon. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we didn't want to come home yet. We had such a good time! We shared a two-bedroom suite with my parents, my sister Desi, and my brother-in-law Jimmy. My other sister Selina and her family came and also stayed for a few days in a nearby hotel. We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Head, which is a beautiful resort right on the beach. We had the most amazing view of the water! This was my families first time to the central Oregon Coast even though it's only a 4 1/2 hour drive, but we will definitely be back. This was one of those trips that we really didn't have anything planned and that was the best part. We played on the beach a lot, went for walks, shopped at the outlet mall (really good deals), flew kites, made sandcastles, played games, read a lot, went swimming, watched movies, ate at some really good restaurants, played ping-pong, and just hung out with our family. It was nice to have the family help out with the kids some and Travis and I were able to take little outings alone too.

The kids did great, and I think Brayden had the most fun out of everyone. He would sit in the sand for hours just dumping the sand into the bucket, to the tractor, and back out again. I think he would still be sitting in the sand if we still let him. We also made sure he tried some new things too. He flew a kite, petted some starfish, and really bonded with Titi Desi and Uncle Jimmy. Peyton did a great job and loved being carried around in her little backpack(thanks again Sarah, that thing is awesome). All-in-all it was an amazing trip and we can't wait to go back. It really did remind me of Hawaii and I realize it's the closest we can get without getting on a plane- I'll take it!! It was great to spend so much time with family and I feel like we all bonded on this trip. So to my family, are we up for the beach again next year? Can't wait to see where we are going next:) Maybe next time we can get away without any "bathroom incidents":)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad the backpack worked so well for Peyton. It's cool that your whole family was able to take a trip together. Good times!

Mashel said...

That looks like fun, what a great time with your family.

Kim W. said...

Hey! That looked like so much fun!! Made me think of Shasta with your family! SO MUCH FUN! I am glad yall had a great time; that is so important. Hope to see yall when we come up there!

Desiree said...

Please NO MORE bathroom incidents! :) We had such a great time and had a rough time coming back to the daily grind. We'll definitely have to do it again!! LOVE YOU!