Friday, October 17, 2008

Seven Quirky Things

Ok, so I was tagged by Laura to say 7 quirky things about myself and then tag 5 more people. Here it goes:

1. I am a clean freak, but only in the areas where people can see. My closets are rarely organized and my drawers are always a mess.
2. I can't stand kids who walk around with snotty noses or even dirty ears. I am constantly checking my kids ears and noses to make sure there aren't things that shouldn't be there. It just so happens that both the kids HATE when I touch their noses...
3. I really don't like shopping that much. This is weird considering that my mom and two sisters LOVE it. I especially can't stand shopping without something in mind to buy or no money.
4. I LOVED high school so much. I'm not sure why but it was a fun, happy time in my life. I would much rather go back to high school than college.
5. One of my favorite shows is "America's Next Top Model." I'm not sure why, but maybe it's my secret desire to be a runway model someday.
6. I can't stand any creepy-crawly things. I will do anything to avoid bugs, which is why I really don't like the outdoors much. That is my biggest nigthtmare, to be covered in bugs and no way out!!!!!!!!
7. I'm a very picky eater. Don't like most fruits or vegetables, no seafood, pork, dark meat chicken, or even coffee. I really don't like church potlucks because you can't see what's in that casserole your eating and you don't know who made the food (maybe their kitchen is dirty). I'm a mess...

Ok, now I tag:
1. Tiffany Nevil, come on girl, I know you hate these things but do it for me?
2. My sister Desi, I know you won't but it's worth a try!
3. Sarah Heymann because I know you will:)
4. Travis, because I'm really curious
5. Ashley Holcombe because it's fun:)

7 comments:

Tiffany Nevil said...

ok...for you, I'll do it...my blog is boring these days anyway!

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

I hear you on the kids noses thing . . . Clara hates it, too! And your cleanliness comment made me feel better after being at your house last night . . . I came home and felt like my house was disgusting compared to yours!

Desiree said...

HA! I'm the FIRST to respond...oh ye of little faith! ;)

I'll respond, but I'll spare my friends the pressure of having to respond...so I won't tag, but I will tell:

1. I'm one of the few people on this earth who does not like spaghetti...usually when it's served, I only eat the garlic bread and salad that (hopefully) is served with it. Sometimes I'll make a meatball sandwich out of it, but I definitely don't like to eat spaghetti!

2. On the other hand, I do LOVE brussels sprouts. I don't think this is odd, but most people tell me it is. Quite honestly, I could eat them every day and probably not get sick of them...Jimmy on the other hand hates them and hates the smell of them, so I don't eat them as often as I would like.

3. When I go to Starbucks, I always drink my coffee with a straw. Again, I don't think this is weird, people have told me it is absolutely insane. I've determined it's a North West thing. Everyone here in SoCal just finds it extremely odd. I'm seriuos. Sometimes I get responses like, "oh my gosh! you drink coffee with a straw?!?!?!?!?!" Anyways, besides it being a North West cultural thing, it's also better for your teeth because it keeps them from getting stained as easily. Haha.

4. I'm SUPER detail-oriented. If you haven't been able to tell by my long detailed responses yet, it is true. I find it difficult to tell a story without ommitting non-important details. I'm working on it, but it gets to be a challenge, especially because a bulk of my job is writing. The good thing about this characteristic is that I tend to love detail-oriented tasks, such as when I planned my wedding. Unlike most women, I didn't really get sick of it. I found it tons of fun.

5. I don't enjoy traditional comedy. If I watch a stand up comedy or a supposedly really funny movie, I usually find it dumb and rarely laugh. However, if you tell the corniest joke in the world, I'll think it's the funniest thing ever. For example - what do you call a cow with no legs????

Ground beef!

HAHAHA - how can you not crack up reading that?!

6. I'm a lotion-fanatic. This means that I ALWAYS put lotion on as soon as I dry off from the shower, that I usually moisturize my face at least twice a day, and that I constantly apply lotion on my feet about 4 times a day. It is weird, but I always get compliments that I have the softest skin, so I guess it pays off! :)

7. I'm usually uncomfortable in hotels. Crystal, I'm like you with the potlucks, except for hotels. I think I've seen too many 20/20 or Dateline specials that show you how dirty most hotel rooms really are. It's a really bad thing that I MUST get over! It usually takes me a long time to feel comfortable lying in a hotel bed...you don't know how well they cleaned and that's pretty scary considering the fact that tons of people have probably slept in that bed or cleaned up in that shower. I'm definitely working on it, though. Ahhh.

I don't think it's a quirk, but I'm definitely different from you - I'd pick college over high school any day....hands down!

See you SOON!!!!!!!!! Love you!

Tiffany Nevil said...

WOW! I'm really impressed with Desi's answers. I gotta say amen to the northwest thing on drinking coffee through a straw. I think all these Baristas are weirdos when they ask me if I want a straw. Why would I want a straw for my coffee? Then you are drinking the hottest part of the drink first. Doesn't it burn your mouth? Weird northwesterners...

Mashel said...

I love it! I am so glad that so many people are playing along! Too funny. I am really weird about snotty noses and ear wax too. I hate it when my kids' noses are runny (which they have allergies so is just about all the time!) and I wipe it (which my kids also hate) throw away the klenex and look back and they have a whole big snotty mess again! I also have been know to carry Q-tips in the car in case I catch any ear wax while we are out and about!
I hear you about the casseroles too! I am pretty picky too, (mainly because of my allergies, but also because I am weird)

Kim said...

What a fun post! I loved all your answers...and I have to say, I knew a lot of them...the creepy-crawly bug thing, the picky-eater thing, etc., but I didn't know about the clean freak thing, or the nose/ear thing. ; ) I have to say I am the same way about those things...especially the ears. YUK!!! I can't stand it! Anyhow, thanks for an interesting post. And by the way, THANKS, DESI...I am literally sitting in a hotel room at this very moment, and now am totally grossed out! We've been here for 4 days now, and although it is a super nice resort, I can't help but look a little closer now, and think "Ewwww..." ;)

Holcombe Family said...

Good ones, Crystal! It's funny that most people that attended TBS have great memories of High School. I wish I could have gone there! You have to check out my blog now...I have a surprise for you. You'll probably never tag me again..ha!