Friday, July 31, 2009

Bitter-Sweet

Titi Desi and Uncle Jimmy. The kids LOVE them!
Desi and me. People have asked us if we are twins before. Seriously?

Today my sister and her husband Jimmy left Washington to make the long drive to their new home- Atlanta:( They are moving there from California so Jimmy can get his PHD from Emory University. We are very proud of Jimmy and his schooling and are behind him 100%. However, we wish they didn't have to live so far away:( They came home in early June for 10 days and then left to do a 6 week mission trip to Africa. They've been home for 2 weeks before they left this morning. I love having them in town, we had a lot of fun. We played at the lake, went out to Indochine for Desi's birthday, we went for walks, we had a pizza and game night, we got to hear stories about their Africa trip, they made my whole family a fun dinner, they came and babysat the kids for me, and we had a fun goodbye dinner for them last night at BJ's. The kids LOVE their Titi Desi and uncle Jimmy!! They will be sad when they realize they won't be around for awhile:( They plan to at least be in Atlanta for 3 years so we'll get used to this hello/goodbye thing again. Desi and Jimmy we love you and miss you already! You'll be in our prayers as you start your new life in Georgia. Can't wait to see you soon!

3 comments:

Kim W. said...

I just talked to my mom tonight and she said they left at 4am and were hoping to make it to Denver! Wow! Denver is actually about 14 hours from Abilene, and Abilene is 34 hours or so from Tacoma, so they have QUITE the drive! Wonder how far they actually made it...maybe all the way! Anyhow, hope they enjoy GA. I think it is great how close yall are...I just love it. And you already know it, but I do love your family so much and treasure all the memories over the years. Look forward to seeing you all again next summer! No more traveling for me until after this baby girl arrives! Anyhow, great pictures of all of yall, and I do have to say...you look GREAT!!! Keep it up!

Tiffany Nevil said...

:( So sad to see them go...but who knows where the Lord will lead them next! And this is only a season of their lives. Hope they enjoy this time they have together to build up their marriage and experience a little life. Glad you got to spend time with them!

Desiree said...

Awww...it's a very bitter sweet journey for us too. It was very hard to leave home and now that we're starting to get settled in our new home, I CAN'T WAIT for you to come visit - I'm thinking it should be soon!!! :)

We had such a good time with you all at home and we miss and love you very very much!!!