Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ponies and Monsters

Peyton's hair is now long enough for two ponies! How cute! She turns 8 months today and is almost crawling. She is a very content and happy baby. Her new likes are cuddling, playing with Brayden's toys, and saying "ma-ma, and da-da."

On another note, I thought I would share this Monster Cookie recipe with you. They are my favorite and every time I make them, people are asking me for the recipe. I just don't think you can go wrong with oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chips together. They are so yummy!! So, here you go. Oh, the key is to take them out under baked if you want them soft and gooey.

Monster Cookies
Ingredients:
1 stick Butter
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup White sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 teaspoons Baking soda
1 ¾ cup Flour
3 Eggs
1 ½ cup Peanut butter
3 cups Quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 pound Chocolate chips
1/4 pound Plain M&M’s (sometimes I omit the M&M's and just put in peanut butter chips or Reese's pieces baking chips)

Directions:
Mix in bowl in order given. Drop by large tablespoon and flatten. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not over bake.
These ones have no chocolate chips but Reese's pieces baking chips in them!

6 comments:

The Benedicts said...

She is so sweet with her two pony tails! We need to get together soon because these kids are getting so big! Your cookies looked really good, thanks for posting the recipe, I'm going to try it tomorrow! We miss you guys, are you up for a trip to Wenatchee soon?

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

Nice! So, how did you get your girl to talk? We're still at happy screems and just noises stage.

Desiree said...

MMmmmmmmmmm Monster Cookies sound good! I need to make them some time soon. I can't believe how big Peyton is! You have to teach her to say Titi so that she can talk to me when I visit.

Love you!

Kim W. said...

I printed off the recipe! I can't wait to try it!

The Johnsons said...

Oh, you can go soooo wrong with peanut butter! But even still, I have made your monster cookies for others and they loved them - so there you go, people like the gross peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

We made some of your monster cookies this past week. They are so good, but very dangerous. I ate way too many of them. Mak calls them cookie monsters. They are so yummy!