Friday, September 5, 2008

We did the Puyallup!

Drinking free chocolate milk
As always, the happy baby in the stroller (notice the ponytail:)
Sporting the double stroller
Brayden and Pedro on the train
Today the kids and I went to the fair with my sister Selina and her two kids. We thought we would take advantage of the free admission today from 10-12. We also parked at a friend's house so we really went cheap. I have been to the Puyallup fair almost every year since I was a baby. I still want to go every year, but sometimes when I get there I think, "why did I want to come again?" I've seen it all and then some, but somehow I still have a good time and look forward to the next year. We have our favorite stops: Earthquake burgers, Seattle Fudge, Famous Fair Scones, and Elephant Ears. I mean you go to the fair to eat, right? The kids had a blast looking at the animals, sampling chocolate milk, eating some of the fair food, riding on a train ride, and just looking around. I look forward to the day that Travis and I can go and just look around without having to push a stroller and worry about potty breaks all the time. For now though this is our life and we love it. This may sound silly but when I took Brayden and Pedro on the train ride around the fair, I got a little teary eyed:) The kids were so excited to go on this little train ride (that lasted like literally 1 minute), it just reminded me to see the world through my children's eyes more often. I know it will be sooner than later that the train ride will not be cool anymore and I'll be dropping the kids off at the fair with friends, but until those times, I will cherish these ones. Thanks for letting me be a sappy mommy. Have fun at the Puyallup!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

So fun! We love the fair, too. We are hoping to bring the boys and Clara there next week sometime, and possibly take Darius out of school to do it on a non-crowded day. We totally go just to eat, too! We're all over the scones, free chocolate milk, curly fries, and I love the piroskys!

The Benedicts said...

It looks like everyone was in a good mood! Those two always seem so happy. You're making me want a scone!

Kim said...

Ooooohhh...how I miss the Puyallup Fair! But I do have to say, Texan's put together a pretty darn good fair, too...thank goodness! And EVERYTHING is FRIED! ;) Ha! Anyhow, sweet Peyton sure is a cutie! I see a LOT of you in her!

Mashel said...

I get sappy when I share something that I loved as a child with my boys too. I was so sad to see the old train go, even though the new one is so much better, it was the sentimental value of the old one, that was the one that I rode as a kid.