Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The perfect Christmas tree

Bryaden cutting down the Christmas tree
Peyton was here last year but in my tummy, weird...


On the tractor ride out to get the trees
Growing up we went Christmas tree hunting every year. It was a big deal and I have a lot of good memories from those experiences. Since then my parents and both of my sisters have gotten fake trees, and I'm sure we'll follow suit soon. Until then, we've really enjoyed passing this tradition on to our children. This year we went to Hunter's Tree farm with a whole bunch of friends. It was fun, we found our tree, visited Santa Claus, and went out to pizza for lunch. We decorated the tree the next day which was really fun, especially for Brayden. Our tree doesn't look like a department store tree, but most of the ornaments have special meaning to us. We all love our tree. Even Peyton who keeps wanting to check it out:)

Brayden putting on the star
Peyton putting on the star

He loved hanging up the unbreakable ornaments:)

The finished product

5 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

Hooray for the "non-department store" tree . . . I feel like everyone else decorates their's like it's straight out of Martha Stewart's house, and we have always done colored lights with a bunch of ornaments. Like you guys, our ornaments have special meaning. We try to get an ornament each year that symbolizes that year, like last year I had a pregnant woman, and this year is a "baby's first Christmas" ornament. Too fun!

The Johnsons said...

We are so glad you joined the hunt! You got a good one! I like the double putting on of the star!

Anonymous said...

I love going as a family to cut down our tree. It's my favorite. I don't think I'll do the fake tree thing until my kids are grown and out of the house and I'm too old to be walking around in the cold. :)

The Benedicts said...

What a pretty tree! We have gone over to the fake side, but I really miss the smell of a real one. What good decorators you have! So, I hear the we might be getting together after Christmas?

jenifer said...

Great find..! You really enjoyed your Christmas tree hunting.