Sunday, December 7, 2008

Time to share

It's been awhile since I've blogged thanks to our computer crashing. Hopefully Travis can fix it, but while I'm waiting to upload some pictures to blog about I thought I would share a few of my favorite things:)

1. The Buttered Biscuit- It's a fairly new restaurant in Sumner, and OH MY GOODNESS!!! If you love home cooking, this is the place to go. We have been floored by the food there. The first time I went I had the "Bacon-Bacon", which is a huge waffle with four pieces of bacon cooked in the batter!! So yummy. They have awesome breakfast food, and it looks like dinner is so good too. We've been looking around for a good breakfast place, and finally we found one! Everything is made from scratch and fresh daily. If you go, you have to try a piece of cornbread (you'll see what I mean when you have a bite:)

2. The Megablocks and Roseart Warehouse clearance sale. Travis and I checked it out last weekend thanks to Sarabeth for the heads-up. I couldn't believe some of the prices. For example, remember those Lincoln Logs we used to have growing up? They had a new version of those, with magnets in them. A huge set for $8. A Curious George Puzzle for $1 (I've seen it in the stores for $10), ect... The sale is only for a few days and is done now, but I highly recommend keeping it on your list for shopping next year.

3. Oreo Truffles. My sister Desi introduced me to these and they are so yummy. I packaged them up and gave them as gifts to friends. They are easy, cheap, yummy, and freeze well.

1 package of oreo cookies (Try different variations for different flavors. I did the mint oreos)
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla or mint extract (optional)
Melted chocolate to dip truffles in (I used almond bark)
Sprinkles or toppings (Optional)

Crush the whole package of oreo cookies in the food processor until a fine crumb.
In a mixer mix crumbs, cream cheese, and extract until mixed well.
Form small balls from mixture and put on a pan lined with a silpat or wax paper.
Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until balls harden.
Dip balls into melted chocolate to cover.
Sprinkle with whatever toppings you desire. (I used crushed peppermint sprinkles).
Enjoy!

These turned out so pretty and package well. I just made some more tonight for presents for my neighbors. Let me know if you try them!

That's all for now. Hopefully we'll get our computer fixed and I'll be back with more pictures soon.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

I'm sad I didn't make it to the sale. I really wanted to, but we just had too much going on this weekend, including my high school team winning the state championship game! :)

Julie said...

Thanks for the recipe, those were SO yummy!

The Buttered Biscuit is very yummy. I haven't been there since they moved to Sumner, they used to be in Buckley.