Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas festivities

Peyton and Roman out at the cabin
My little man and I out to dinner at Maggianos
Peyton with daddy ready to watch the parade
My dad and I
All of the sisters out on our date!:)
Christmas is always a fun, but busy time of year at our house. We usually have family come from out of town and lots of traditions to keep, and we love them all. Our first official Christmas celebration happened the Sunday before Christmas. We went out to the cabin with all of my extended family and did a big celebration out there. We had such a great time and my favorite part was the delicious Puerto Rican food!! So good! The kids are getting older now and LOVE to see and play with all their cousins and second cousins. Good times!

This year my dad asked if he could take my sisters and I out on a special date. We met on Tuesday night before Christmas and had no idea what he had planned. We just got into the car and started driving. He gave us all cards that explained he wanted to do something special with his girls and he was taking us out to dinner and on a shopping spree!! How fun for us. We ended up eating at the Nordstroms cafe and shopping at Macy's! We all bought things we wouldn't normally buy for ourselves which was a blast. We even all got pictures with the black santa at Nordstroms. That was a really special night that we will all always remember!

One of our favorite Christmas traditions happens the day before Christmas eve. We meet my family up at Maggiano's in Bellevue for an amazing dinner and the Christmas parade. If you have ever eaten there you know how fun this restaurant is. They serve you family style, all you can eat and the food is delicious. It's so fun for all our family to be together! Afterwards we hang out at the coolest mall around and then get ready to watch the Drummer Boy parade outside. This year it was soooo crowded we all had a hard time watching the show because we were afraid we would get trampled, but the kids still loved it. My parents are sweet enough to treat us all to that very special night! I just love Christmas time!:)

No comments: