Friday, January 29, 2010

Trip to Atlanta

Dr. Allen and his wife. This man is the one who inspired me to become a labor and delivery nurse. I will always cherish them!
Do you think we look like twins?

MLK mural
Earlier this fall I found an AMAZING flight deal from Seattle to Atlanta. Since my little sister and her husband moved there in August, it seemed like fate:) So January 14th, I left my daughter on her birthday (luckily she is too little to care:), said goodbye to my boys and headed to Atlanta by myself. I really wished Travis could come with me, but alas, someone has to take care of the monsters. Who, by the way, were very sick the whole time I was gone. Travis was pretty much house-bound with the kids which is not fun for 5 days! Thanks to grandma and Lita who helped him out so he could get out a few times. Anyways, I arrived in Atlanta on Thursday night with my sister ready to pick me up. She had some of my favorite snacks ready in the car in case I was hungry from such a long flight:) Sweet spicy nuts, and peanut butter chip cookies. I could already tell this was going to be a good trip. When I arrived at their cute little apartment, they showed me my "wing" of the house complete with a bathroom stalked with EVERYTHING I could ever imagine. It was better than the luxury hotel we stayed at this summer:)
On Friday my sister had to go to work for the day, so I got to hang out with Jimmy. I forced him to come work out with me which was fun. Then I checked my e-mail and had a great surprise! Desi and Jimmy had scheduled me with an hour long massage at a spa near their house!!! How amazing is that! I was so shocked and surprised! The massage that day was the best one I've ever had:) After we picked up my sister from work, we went to Mary Mac's Tea House which is supposedly some of the best southern cooking in town. It was a fun experience for sure! Saturday we did some sight-seeing. We went to the MLK center which was very humbling especially for that holiday weekend. We also went to the CNN center and got to see the reporters live. That was a fun experience. That night we meet old friends for dinner and that was great to reconnect.
Sunday was full of church and small group, which I loved. And Monday was time to come home:( I had such a great time there! Most of the people there are so friendly and Desi and I were asked numerous times if we were twins, we got a kick out of that! I missed my family here, but it was nice to get away for awhile. We ate yummy food, went to Chick-Fil-A (we really need those up here!), I was able to relax, hang out with my sister and brother-in-law, and just have fun! I can't wait to go back again especially because I miss Desi and Jimmy even more now. So, to Desi and Jimmy, thank you so much for your hospitality! I had a great time and love you guys very much. And to Travis who stayed home with my sicky kids for 5 days so mommy can have a nice break, I love you! And, to Alaska Airlines who upgraded me to first-class for free, I love you even more:)

4 comments:

Tiffany Nevil said...

Ok lady, "Stalked" and "Stocked" have two different meanings. FYI..he he he he he. It's nice to be around friendly people isn't it? People who say hi, talk to you, smile at you, look you in the eye. Wild isn't it?

I'm glad you had fun, though I missed you! And I so agree that we NEED Chick-Fil-A to get here pronto!

Desiree said...

Thank you for gracing us with your presence! We had a fabulous time and can't wait for you to come back...next time we'll have EVEN more fun!!!

Kim W. said...

Looks like you had such a good time! That is great. And how sweet of Desi and Jimmy to have special things just for you. That is so sweet, but I am not surprised in the least. And how about that upgrade to First Class! That a girl! :)

Kim W. said...

Oh yeah...and YES, yall seriously need Chick-fil-a's up there! There is NOTHING like CHICK-FIL-A!!! Love them! We go every Monday...don't be jealous now! ;)